Monday, January 26, 2004

Nine Years, Nine Lives

  









Elements 1 a CalArts alumni exhibition at the Presidio in San Francisco, in an alcove I mounted Nine Years, Nine Lives a pop-up featuring artifacts from Making Marc 1996-2021 an in-process longitudinal portrait study. I presented four painting variations from photo booth pics, a portrait collage composed of beach plastic, my first watercolor portrait, a grouping of Marc postcards, a vitrine with Marc’s boxing jacket and gloves with screen saves from his video Punch Out where, in a gesture to fight the hyperventilated prose of artspeak, he punches out all obtuse villainous phrases: https://youtu.be/Ia07b8TG6TI



To invite visitor participation, a red bench was set with nose and glasses so people could try on the guise. Although the exhibit was small, it was a great way to introduce my project that I had, by then, been working on for 9 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment